There are many advantages of using wooden strip in the furniture:
- Wood border strip has a very attractive looking straight grain pattern coupled with a rich colour.
- Strips are durable because particle boards are not as strong and often get damaged while relocating or because of water. Durability can be counted as one of the most significant advantages.
- Wood Border strip has a natural oil content that resists termites (white ants), fungal stains, and also repels other insects that can destroy wood. Anyone who has ever had termites climbing on walls all over the house, and eating all the expensive wooden furniture before, will readily vouch for how important this benefit is. This termite and insect resisting quality in turn increase the life span of wood.
- The wood border strip has a very high density and does not rot or decay easily. This is the reason why it is so durable.
- Properly seasoned wood border strip furniture does not warp or shrink too much. It retains its dimensions and is a stable material, so as to reduce its moisture content. Well-dried wood is not easily affected by climate changes.
- Another important advantage of the wood border strip is that it has good resistance to moisture and water.